Thursday, June 18, 2009

Belated Birthday #3

The final birthday that I am late in blogging about is my little Dilly! His birthday was on June 15th. He turned 2!



I love, love, love my Dilly, and here are just a few of the reasons why:
  • I am his very biased Mom, but I just think he is so cute! I love his dark brown eyes, his super gappy teeth, his hair, his big feet, everything about him!
  • He goes & goes & goes, but occasionally he stops & 'nuggles' and it is the best feeling in the world. Or in the middle of the night when he wakes up (yes, he still wakes up in the middle of the night!) and I drag my tired self to his room, he snuggles up so perfectly on my shoulder that I forget how tired I am, and stay with him a little longer than I need to.
  • I love his little voice and how he makes it all deep & scratchy to say things like "creepy", "scary" or "sleeping".
  • He is learning to say all sorts of things (almost everything really), but my favorites are the way he says Ava's name - "A-fa", of when he says "Luf" for love. He also calls things 'beautiful'.
  • Although he torments her non-stop, he really adores his big sister Ava. He loves to 'nuggle A-fa'. In his rare moments of stillness, he will snuggle up to her & listen to her read books, or watch her play gameboy. He really wants to do everything that she does.
  • He loves to be outside & play - he would be outside all day everyday if I would let him.
  • I love that he is all boy - through & through! He loves bugs ("creepy bugs"), he loves cars & trucks & trains & anything that moves & he makes all the appropriate sounds. He is always climbing on everything and getting into things.
  • He makes the cutest animal sounds (his owl & cat sounds just melt me!)

I could go on & on.... Dillon makes us so happy and brings happiness to our family.

We love you Dilly!

(birthday sign by Ava)

1 comment:

kstalder said...

I wish I knew him! He sounds soooo adorable and I'm sure our boys would get along famously! Give him a kiss from me!