Thursday, June 18, 2009

Belated Birthday #2

June 4th was my Dad's Birthday.

My Dad is one of those really smart people who know a lot about everything (cars, sports, politics, history, how to do most things, you name it!), but who stay really humble.

I have so many wonderful memories of my Dad. As a little girl, I loved to just be with him - just running to the hardware store, working in the backyard, visiting him at his office, etc. I also loved all the trips that we took as a family, camping, in the motorhome, or visiting Grandpas & Grandmas.

I hear certain music and think of him everytime - Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, James Taylor, Eva Cassidy.

My Dad loves to travel, and in recent years has been able to visit some really wonderful places - (always remembering to send Ava a post card for her post card collection). We are excited to come spend time with you this summer - the kids especially can't wait!

I love you Dad!


No comments: