Friday, February 27, 2009

Ghost Town

On Wednesday, Ava had a half day at school, so we decided to go the Goldfield Ghost Town & Mine by the Superstition Mountains. It was a beautiful day, and the drive up the canyon is gorgeous!

This is a view of the back of the ghost town with Superstition Mountain in the background.

We took a tour of the gold mine that was pretty fun, and we actually learned some cool history of the area. Ava did not love how dark it was down in the mine, I had to carry her the whole tour.

Then we took the slowest train ride in history, but we loved it because the scenary was so beautiful, and again, we learned some pretty cool history.

Some of the shots from our train ride... Brian, Ava & Dillon
While we were taking a break, this fiddler came and played some songs for us (for money, of course). The kids thought he was pretty cool though, and he sang some cute songs, (once there was a little boy named Dillon, everyone thought he was worth a billion), he let Ava play his fiddle, and then gave us all some beans because we were 'nice human beans'. Brian & Ava
Me & the kids...
Ava
Dillon Ava & Dilly

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We love going there too. THe train IS the slowest train in all of history. Also we thought the mine tour was slow and not that exciting. Still Ella thought it was fun, so that made it worth it. I'm glad you got a picture with a catus! Maybe we should go up really fast one day for some more family pictures??

kstalder said...

You always take such fun family trips. We went to a mine in Park City, UT once also. Fun! So strange to see cacti-you should check out our completely different landscaping in CT!

Jeni Everett said...

I love it over there at the ghost town. I have been there many times growing up. It's so pretty and so much fun! I am glad you guys got to have fun with Brian before he left. Thanks for picking up the phone last night. It was SO nice to talk to you and catch up. I will see you soon!