It is my nephew Sam's birthday today - he is 15! Where do I even start to say how great I think Sam is????
Sam is so funny - he is always making us laugh with his great sense of humor. We love to just be with him - playing games, watching shows, playing darts - whatever!
He is unbelievably patient with my kids - they adore him! In fact, one of Dillon's very first words was Bo-Bo (for Sambo). He will play with them, jump on the tramp with them, cheer them up when they are grumpy & he can always make them laugh. When I tell my friends that my nephew is my babysitter, they are always surprised, but then I tell them how awesome he is!
Sam loves to try new things & he is the first to introduce us to new food, gum, drinks, songs, TV shows. His goal is to be a chef, so we all get to try his creations - he makes the best monkey bread, cinnamon rolls & paninis.
He loves to watch the whole series of a TV show & then he knows every episode & quote - it started with Friends, then Seinfeld, the Office, House, Lost & so many others.
Sam loves to long board & to play & watch sports. He will patiently explain to me all the things that I don't know about the game or the players. Last year, Sam & Maddie spent hours kindly teaching their wimpy Aunt to dive into the pool - he didn't even laugh when I was crying on the edge!!
Sam is the kind of guy that makes everything he does look so easy. He has a great sense of style & he has always had really good hair! (I try to make Dillon's hair look like his). He is just a really sweet person - he is super loyal & protective of his family & friends - I think that is such a great quality.
I will talk to Tash about our kids, & she will say that Dillon reminds her of Sam - I seriously can't think of a greater compliment or anyone I would rather Dilly be like!
Happy Birthday Sambo
We Love You!
No comments:
Post a Comment